Thanks to everyone for your comments on yesterdays post. Like I said, I do love myself. And I made my list. What was disconcerting about the process was just how damn quickly the negative came to mind and how I had to really think hard to find the positive. That is not healthy! Time to concentrate on loving myself instead of trying to change myself constantly!
So, here they are. I have 21 and stopped there for now. I will post details of the boys' doctor visit later.
1. I am a good mother. I love my children and take great care of them. They love me.
2. I am a good wife and partner for my husband. We have a strong relationship based on trust and balance.
3. I am a strong advocate for my children's health – physical, mental and emotional.
4. I am creative. I write poetry with my soul, I create physical crafts that are beautiful and useful.
5. I am intelligent.
6. I am a strong person and able to handle anything that life throws at me. I may bend, but I never break.
7. I am compassionate, sympathetic and empathetic.
8. I have cute toes.
9. I have pretty eyes.
10. I have a sense of humor that is slightly off center. I love to laugh.
11. I see the good in people even while I acknowledge the bad.
12. I see beauty in everyone.
13. I am capable of loving anyone, male or female, with appreciation for what makes them special and unique.
14. I am sensual and sexual in nature.
15. I am adventurous and enjoy trying new things.
16. I can see different viewpoints and understand them without necessarily agreeing with them.
17. I am a hard worker at anything I do.
18. I am passionate.
19. I am forgiving while never forgetting.
20. I am a good friend. I treat my friends with respect and love. I am there whenever I am needed and try my damnedest to do anything I can to make my friends' lives better. I always try to go the extra mile.
21. I hug without inhibition. As needed for comfort, joy and love.