Sunday, June 8, 2008

Still Tired

The key to language for my middlest Wingman of Mayhem appears to be stimulation and new experiences. While we were in Florida he added about 5 or 6 new words! We are very excited by this. He also is responding to questions we ask him with more than just "no" or grunts. he is now saying "yes" and also nodding when appropriate. Not just some of the time, all of the time! I can't wait for his therapy session on Tuesday to talk to his therapist about his steps forward. Hopefully he will cooperate during therapy and actually speak.

Both of the boys made me crazy all day today. It was constant. From 8 AM until just a bit ago. The Boy was overtired and mean all day. he kept antagonizing the Baby and taking his toys. The Baby got mad and was mean back. I can't even blame him. If The Boy does not sleep good tonight I might be forced to eat my young tomorrow. Ha. Oh yeah... The Baby has now discovered how to take his diaper off. He peed on the fireplace hearth today. And was scared of the pee. Very funny stuff.

I am calling their pediatrician on Monday to look into some alternative meds for The Boy's sleep issues. I have heard from several people that melatonin (sp?) is a wonder drug for kids with sleep problems. If I can get him onto a schedule then I think it will be fine. And most of his behaviors lately are because he is tired. He was doing so well for a while. Then..... it all when down the crapper a couple of months ago. No idea why.

I am still exhausted. And the horrid day with the Wingmen did not help at all. Steven is mostly better. I am ready to crash and burn. I think I am going to go to bed soon. Maybe I can get a decent night's sleep tonight.

4 comments:

C. said...

They have a natural aide at the HFS here, and surely available near you, just ask. They dissolve under the tongue and when my son had sleep issues were a miracle...They are for teething, but they work for sleep issues too!

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/osa/427775.html

Nana The Nana said...

Good luck with the sleep issues. After witnessing it first hand I don't know how you do it dear. You need some help! How about the platypus you have for him, or will he fling it down the hallway? Nice to have the girl with me and I miss you and the boys.

Unknown said...

Eat your young? LOL LOL Now THAT is funny. I'm so glad he is saying new words, that is such a great news! And if that medicine will help him get in to a sleep routine, I bet his behavior will get better during the day.

Lesley said...

Sleep and behaviour definitely go hand in hand with my oldest.

The youngest boy - not so much. He's a nightowl like myself...sigh...couldn't he have inherited my dance skills instead. Oh that's right - he did - have you seen Elaine dance on Seinfeld? That's SO me, ha ha!

Are you feeling rested and rejuvenated?