Thursday, June 12, 2008

Self Love

I wrote this yesterday in response to a piece that Claudia wrote.


The voice in my soul
that whispers
drives me insane with the incesancy of it's urgings


Ignoring the voice
turning back, turning tail
turning deaf


Railing at the voice
screaming, crying,
fighting


Still it whispers it's tale
questioning and wiggling
at any certainty i might have gained

Finally relaxing
I listen
and find silence alone within myself
alone within my soul
alone without my soul
I mourn

And then the arms of my soul
slip round me
and hold me
caress me
touch me
teach me


Embracing my soul
Accepting my self
Relaxing
to the inevitable

3 comments:

C. said...

YES! I love - - - love - - - love it.

Embracing my soul
Accepting my self
Relaxing
to the inevitable....

We should all be so blessed to be able to do this.

Beautiful darling, SO glad you posted this. You rock.

Nana The Nana said...

Very good my daughter! A keeper for sure..

Mama Bear said...

that was awesome