Sunday, June 29, 2008

Miscellany

I got a fairy name! Thanks to Claudia for leading me to the link.... check out the sidebar to see what my name is and go get your own! What fun.... I am so easily amused sometimes.

I had a long conversation with my husband last night. Yes! He spoke! I know, it is amazing. But, it was great. He shared his thoughts and feelings on the work situation with me and we discussed what to do now. Some decisions are made and some are in progress. We both agree that this cannot go on. I am just happy he is actually talking to me about it. I hate it when he gets all quiet and won't discuss things with me. I know it is part of who he is.... but still.

I am feeling a whole bunchy bunch better than I have for most of the past week. Even though I am tired and my boys are driving me crazy. I am connected to my husband once more and that makes me feel less alone and more alive. (Sex doesn't hurt, either. I'm just sayin'.)

I had a whole post planned where I bitched about pharmacies and stupidity. And I have decided to forgo that post for today. I think I have complained enough for this week. I need to chill out.

I think I need to cook a damn good meal tonight, have a couple of drinks, take a long hot bubble bath and molest my husband. I'm sure he won't complain too much.

Hey! Anyone who is actually reading this.... I would love some suggestions on new books to read. I read many of the suggestions people have given me in the past. But I am now out of books. I am rereading one of my faves right now. But, I want something thought provoking and fabulous that will make me want to read it again and again. Claudia, I did read Necklace of Kisses and your other suggestions. Now, they have been loaned out to my MIL! So, I need new books!

10 comments:

C. said...

I have some!!! The Other Boleyn Girl, Water for Elephants, Barefoot & Belong to Me. FABULOUS!!!! ALL of them!!! And did you like Necklace of Kisses....I hope so, it is SO one of my favorites!!! How about Dangerous Angels...and you should read Love the one you are with too!!!!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Wait-Get-Heaven-Novel/dp/1400061261

Get this pic. Read it ASAP!!

Hallie :)

(and no, I did not make that cake - I am a terrible cook!)

Anonymous said...

I have to second Water for Elephants and Belong to Me. Those were our last 2 book club books. I LOVED them.

I also enjoyed The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen. (fiction written as truth)

Jaylana said...

Anything by Phillipa Gregory (which includes The Other Boleyn Girl). Also anything by Janet Evanovich, but I'm hoping you know this already...most particularly the Plum series. They're just damn fun.

And yes, sex goes a long ways towards improving one's outlook!

Anonymous said...

Gettin' frisky with the man eh? Sounds like bunches of fun! Puurrssss.... I can't suggest any books. I haven't been reading... Oklahoma doesn't allow my brain to process the words anymore. I think it's revolting against me for being here this long!

Nana The Nana said...

You know I don't have any suggestions, I only read potty magazines (readers digest) and such. My all time favorites were the Calder series of books from years ago. I AM going to get my own copy so when I retire I can reread them again and again! Oh the memories of getting frisky!

Unknown said...

Glad you and your husband are talking and more connected. That makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?

Hmmm books. I like mostly serial killer and forensic stuff, like Patricia Cornwell, John Sandford, but I also like John Saul. ANY of those books are good, but I like to start at the beginning of a series and work my way to the present. I'm not a love story kind of girl.

Tracy DeLuca said...

Claudia, LOVED Necklace of kisses AND the Dangerous Angels books. I read them all in a voracious weekend.

Everyone, thanks for the great suggestions! I plan to head to the library soon and I am making my list...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've been reading some of your recent posts and you've been having a tough time lately.
It's sounding like you and your husband are working on solutions though and I hope things settle down for you, especially with the boys.

Time for some Calgon and a good book!

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

If you like fantasy...(I'm guessing yes?!) might I suggest "Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss? Excellent new author. The second one in the series is out (I think?) but I'm too cheap to buy it and waiting (un)patiently for the library to get in gear!

Just read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy... still deciding if I liked it. I was pretty sure I did right up to the end... then I wasn't sure anymore!