Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anger Managment - Updated

WARNING: Strong language and much ranting ahead. UPDATE AT BOTTOM

I can't even describe how incredibly angry I am right now.

I tried to write about it.
I tried to make sense of the feelings that are making me ache all over.
Even my fingernails hurt from clenching my fists so hard.

I can't do it. I can't even figure out what to write.

My temper is the bane of my existence. I have struggled with it my entire life.

Right now I feel justified in my anger. Justified in my fury.

I am so angry I could just cry.

Will post when I am calmer. Hubby's boss is a dickweed.

UPDATE

Ok. Calmed down some. Now I am angry at hubby.

This is the deal. Steven works at this restaurant and is salaried. This is SUPPOSED to mean that he gets paid the same amount every pay period no matter how many hours he works. Which mostly works in the boss' favor in this case as Steven hardly ever takes time off or calls in sick. He also goes in on his days off if they need him. Overall, he usually works about 65 hours each week.

We went to Florida and Steven took a week off of work. We told his boss six months before hand exactly what days he would need off. He said no problem.

Today, Steven gets his check and it is for only one week. The dickweed did not pay him for the week we were in Florida.

Now I ask you. Does salaried mean that the boss can work my husband 65 hours each week and then decide NOT TO PAY HIM when he takes off?

AND, he had plenty of time to let us know that this was the case if he was planning to not pay him. It's not like we sprang it on him. I would not have been happy to hear that but AT LEAST we could have planned ahead financially instead of having ten million bills to pay and only half of the money we need!

As for hubby......

#1 - He was supposed to go in to work a little early today so we could go cash his paycheck. Because I have been counting pennies all week to get gas, cigarettes, bread, etc and we really need the money. I have a doctor's appointment in the AM and need money for that as well. And gas to get to the appointment. So, what does he do? Fucks around and does not get to work until right when he has to be there and then cannot get away to get to the bank. So, now I have to reschedule my appointment in the AM, early, because the bank will not be open early enough for us to cash the damn check and me still get there! Gack!

#2 - I called him just a bit ago to ask if he had spoken with his boss about the pay issue. He said that he hadn't "had the time". HADN'T HAD THE TIME! Ok. Maybe I am just a bitch. Me, if it was me? I would have called him immediately once I saw the check and expected him to come and correct it or at least discuss it with me before I started to do a damn lick of work. But then, Steven is one of those people who just does the work and doesn't want to get into a confrontation. He said he knows what his boss will say about it. That he did not work so he is not getting paid. BULL SHIT!!!!!!! I am so mad. I asked him what he was going to say when his boss told him that and he said he did not know. OK. I get the fact that he does not want to end up without a job since he is our sole means of support. I get that. The pressure for him is pretty strong. BUT. BUT. I also get that he likes working at this place and does not really want to have to find work elsewhere. BUT.

HE is not the one who has to juggle the bills. He is not the one who has to figure out where we are getting the money for gas. Or which bill will let us slide the longest. Or whether we can afford to get FOOD for christ's sake. HE does not worry about any of that. All he does is go to work and come home and sleep. That's it. Every now and then he does a load of dishes or bothers to spend time with his children.

FUCK! Now I am mad at him!

He needs to tell his boss that he either gets the money. Tomorrow. Or he can find a new damn do-boy. Steven has the skills, the knowledge and the experience to get a job in any damn restaurant in the city. Probably making better money. Tom, his boss, has no idea what Steven has done for that restaurant and if he left.... that place would be so screwed. Steven is letting him walk all over him and I am tired of it.

Damn It.

I will post tomorrow. Right now I am going to go and find a strong drink.

10 comments:

C. said...

What happened honey....

Anonymous said...

HUGS for you... I know that anger... I feel it quite often myself. Loves you!

Jennifer said...

*cracks knuckles* Do I need to call in Cat to do some house-egging??? Restaraunt Rat-releasing??? Or perhaps TP-ing is in order??? Lemme know, Mom.
Breathe. Don't do anything drastic. I love you.

Nana The Nana said...

There are times when the only thing to do is CRY! I feel for you honey and I wish I could help. I did do some diapers.com for you. You can expect them on Thursday the 26 according to them. So, at least you know you will have diapers and approx. when they will get there. I don't know what is worse, the passive thing like Steven or the anger thing and quick to react like you...I love you

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't blame you for being pissed cause I think I would have called the boss myself. Yea, hubby works for the money, but it's YOUR money and your KIDS money, too!

Yea, BE MAD!!!!!

GingaAmalise said...

Aw!
I wish I could be there to give you a BIGBIGBIG hug!
You NEED one.
I don't really have experience MYSELF in the money issue, but I experience it with Mom and Dad. We are living off of Mellinas WIC and Foodstamps/
If it weren't for her, idk what we would do.
So.. I guess just try and stay calm so you don't make a mistake that you will regret later.
I lvoe you and if you need me, you can always call.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
=]

<3

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd be pised too if tha happened to me."Say boss i'm gonna go on the one week paid vacation i was promised, here are the days i'll be gone. Do you have a problem w/ that?" "Np steve, go right ahead and take that week off. It won't affect your pay at all. I'll write it in my day planner just in case i forget" *Little does he know that i'll compleatly forget, and then when he returns i'll denie that i ever agreed to let him go on vacation*
HAHAHAHAHA. My sympathies girly girl. Make that boy git his monay... HIS PROPPER PAY!!!!!

PEACE ~P

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks! Doesn't he earn vacation time? I would call wage and hourly to see what they say if the boss refuses to make this right.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

hugs I so understand what you mean.

Jessica said...

I would think that if he is always working over the boss would have been nice and paid him just out of the goodness of his heart.

So sorry for all this stress.