Saturday, May 17, 2008

Welcome to the Frugal Faerie!

Welcome to anyone who ventures into my realm of frugality and chaos! I am starting this separate blog specifically for all of my posts regarding frugality. Coupons, CVS, Menu Planning and more will now reside in this outbuilding of the Faerie Castle. My other blog will now be devoted to my normal posts of children, insanity and the thoughts that run through my brain in the middle of chaos.

Feel free to comment and ask questions at any time! I love comments and I love making new friends in the bloggy world....

I am not planning to move all of my frugal posts from the other blog over here. I may link to them occasionally or I may end up putting a link to specific ones on my side bar. We'll see!

For those who do not know me yet, I am a SAHM to three and live in Southern MS. I relocated here from FL about 2 1/2 years ago. My DH is a chef and we struggle to make it on one income while raising three kids. My children are: The Girl who is 14 and has her own blog here, The Boy who is 2 1/2 and The Baby who is 13 months. My boys are generally referred to as the Wingmen of Mayhem or WOMs.

I decided, when I became a SAHM long term, that I needed a job. A job for me to make me feel that I am contributing to the financial well being of my family. Since working outside of the home was out and the jobs you can get working at home are not something i could see myself doing.... I decided that my "job" is to make my husband's paycheck stretch as far as it can. To keep us from spending money on "junk" that we do not need and to keep from spending more than we need to on the things that we must buy.

To that end, I have embraced frugality and all that it entails.

And now you get to read about it. Aren't you lucky?? LOL

No comments: