Monday, May 26, 2008

Questions Deserve Answers....

Both The Mom of Em and Bina want to know what led to my love of faeries.
ok. hmmmm. well..... you see..... ummm.....
I have always loved faeries. Besides the obvious Tinkerbell and Fairy Godmother gigs, faeries are everywhere! Look around you and see them in advertising, movies, cartoons, pictures and music.

Whether you call them faeries, fairys, fairies, fey or little folk, I love them.

Throughout history, faeries have been viewed as magical and separate from humanity. Sometimes viewed as evil and sinister, most recently viewed as caring, loving and helpful. The sensual, magical, mystical, romantic side of faeries is especially prevalent in American culture.

To me, faeries are a direct link to the natural world and to the magical otherside of our world. Whether you believe they are real or just appreciate the legends and pictures, there is no denying that faeries are special.

I don't know how else to say why I love them so much. I have always felt a connection with faeries. And something drawing me to them. I love the concept of wings and flying, magical faerie dust and rings to dance within. I love the idea of hiding in plain sight and being a trickster and being helpful... all of the different sides of the fey.

When I got married.... I wore faerie wings. (Thanks Chelle!) And I collect Faerie sculptures and pictures. I don't have very many because I cannot afford to buy things for myself.... but the few that I do have, I love.

Here is a pic of me and DH getting married. You see my wings?? Pretty. Yes, I was preggers at the time with our youngest... you can see the belly. And it was a costume wedding on Halloween so everyone was in costume.
But... I still have no real way to say WHY I love faeries as much as I do. All I can say is...... I feel connected to them. And I feel drawn to them. And I love them! LOL No real answer... but all of the answer that there is.

7 comments:

Lesley said...

Wowee a Halloween/costume wedding! FABULOUS! Would love to see more pics of your wedding - you looked beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the wings... They were perfect for you. They went so well with the beautiful dress that you made. That was such a fun evening!

The Mom of 'em said...

Thanks for the background on the fairy love. =-) The movie was good...it wouldn't have been my first choice...but I was practicing my good wife skills today. ha.

C. said...

Oh, you looked absolutely GORGEOUS darling!!! Wish I could have been there to see it!!!

Nana The Nana said...

It was a beautiful and wonderful evening and such a fun wedding! We called you a little woods nymph way back when you ran around out in the yard and woods. You have always been drawn in that direction.

Jessica said...

Faeries are beautiful. I love the wedding photo. You looked awesome.

Jessica said...

Faeries are beautiful. I love the wedding photo. You looked awesome.