Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wingmen of Mayhem Unite!

Actually, the title of this post might be misleading. While any post about my WOMs is usually filled with stories of, well, mayhem, this post is more about what my middlest did RIGHT today! LOL Sort of.

The middlest child, as you may remember, is the one who makes me cringe, go gray and scream to the heavens "Why me, oh lord?". After two days of, relatively, normal 3 year old behavior I am starting to wonder what is going on. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop one might say. Waiting for the WOMs to break out of their rut and truly get some mayhem going on!

The Boy has had two days of very few tantrums, sweet love and trying to be independent. Tonight he made himself a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich. Cut the bread with a pair of scissors. Tried to brush his teeth using the "toothpaste" that he got from the bathroom which was actually body wash. Learned how to wash his hands all by himself. Tried to wipe down the coffee table using spray Pam. Then used a spray bottle of water and a towel to clean it off correctly. He then proceeded to climb onto a bar stool, onto the bar and open the cabinets above the bar. He stood there and put his little hand on his chin and said "hmmm" while he tried to find a snack.

I have recently installed refrigerator locks.

Last night he made dinner with his daddy. Pictures will be posted once I get a chance.

Who is this strange child who looks like my son? Who is this masked toddler?

Could it be that he is growing up? Oh, no!

Perhaps he heard talk of family counseling, psychological testing and the possibility of hell.

Or maybe he is just waiting for me to let my guard down. Then he might just pull out all of the stops and... learn to use the potty! Gasp! (Either that or he has taught his little brother all of his tricks and is just waiting for him to get in trouble.)

Wish me luck... for tomorrow is a new day.

6 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

nods and grins
Hugs laura

C. said...

I do NOT miss potty training. No way. No how.

comfortandjoy said...

Tracy,

I love this post. I'm glad you're writing this stuff down...cutting sandwiches with scissors and dusting the table with Pam, you can't make up stuff that good. :)

I'm glad your son will grow up knowing that trying things and getting them wrong is good and part of growing up.

CJ

Tracy DeLuca said...

CJ, thanks for coming by! Glad you enjoyed the post. yes, I hope all 3 of the kids grow up knowing that it is ok to make a mistake. The learning is most of the fun!

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... I can't wait to see those guys. I am going to try and take the first week of August off. How does that work for you?

Anonymous said...

It sounds like he is tuning into the world around him instead of just humming to his own beat! I'm sure that there will be more crazy days, but how wonderful that he's seeing a bigger picture!