Thursday, July 3, 2008

Embracing the Darkness

faerie

The night is where I am most comfortable. The time and the place where I feel most at home. With darkness a velvet wrapper around my body, the starlight and moonlight are a shining guide to comfort. Whether I am dancing and laughing or just sitting and thinking, that darkness is welcoming and welcomed.

The darkness is not a place to hide. It is a place to discover. The changes in vision that accompany darkness gives one a different outlook. Things are softer and sweeter in the dark. Sometimes darkness makes things even brighter and more vibrant than when the harsher daylight shines upon it. And sometimes more mysterious and malevolent. Either way, it seems more there to me.

Other than, you know, the obvious (lol), what do you enjoy about the darkness? What are some of your favorite memories that involve the night? What do you like to do when you find yourself alone in the night? Do you turn on all of the lights and the TV? Do you go outside and breathe in the sweet air? What? Share with me.....

4 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

At night, I really prefer very low lighting in the house. I just like the cozy feel low lighting has to offer. Of course, during the day I soke up the sun like it's never coming back!!

Hallie

Anonymous said...

I love the dark. I like my room at home to be as dark as possible. I try and avoid the sun.... Night time is my time.

Harmony said...

I would have to say, that my favorite thing to do at night is float in a pool of water. I haven't done it lately, but my girlfriend and I used to do it all the time...we would sneak into our apartment pool (in the middle of the night) and just float and look up at the stars...it's how I always imagined what being in space would be like.

C. said...

I can hide in the darkness...naked.