Monday, July 28, 2008

The Bug Hunters

Just a quick check in with everyone. We are having a blast. I am sooooooo happy to have The Girl home. I want to share a story with you.

I live in a 40 - 50 year old house in the Deep South. That means bugs. You cannot get away from them. And I have kids. Which means crumbs. Crumbs = Bugs. Deep South = Bugs x 100. So. I have bugs. My middle child is scared of bugs. When he sees a bug he screams. It could be a roach, a gnat, a housefly, a spider.... it doesn't matter. He screams "A Bug, A Bug!" and I go running with the fly swatter to kill it. (This can be really amusing when we are outside.) I have a heavy duty bug swatter. I swear, this thing is like an inch thick and is attached to a tire iron.

Anyway. This evening (as I type this) my son is leading his sister and his grandmother on a merry chase through the house in search of bugs. When he finds one he jumps up and down and points while hollering "a bug, a bug!" at the top of his lungs. His sister then screams and his grandmother attacks the bug with the swatter. It is highly amusing. He then says Thank You to his grandmother. What can I say.... he is polite! LOL LOL LOL

So, the bug hunters are on the loose. They may have to move outside soon as I think they are running out of bugs in the house.

Maybe I should rent them out......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story! I hope they find lots of bugs!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lol i am looking at a spider as i type( am on the porch) its abig ugly one but I am reluctant to kill it as i do like that it eats other bugs LOL... they would have a field day here ! Glad the girl has made it home safe and I bet she has loads to tell about camp!

C. said...

SO glad you are back around, I miss you.

BTW, love, love, loved my pkg. it could not have come on a better day. Rough stuff going on around here, and that totally made me smile. YOU rule. I love you. God, I wish we were closer!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha! How very cute! And I'm glad they are having such a great time, even if it's being Bug Hunters.

Anonymous said...

Muwaaaaahaaaahaaaa.... Kudos to the bug hunters! LOL I miss you

Unknown said...

Girl, you haven't had time to post YET!!!!!

comfortandjoy said...

Faerie Mom,
I know I'm late, but I have a good excuse (the bar). I just wanted to say that hearing about your family feels like heat on sore muscles.

CJ

C. said...

Missing you!!