Monday, December 3, 2007

Boob Ninjas Unite!

Ok. I am so totally not a breast feeding nazi (bad word choice maybe). I support every mother's right to choose how she feeds her baby. But, I also acknowledge that the breast is best. I am still breastfeeding my 8 month old. And, despite the teeth, mostly still enjoying it and feeling good about my decision. There has been a lot of recent controversy regarding breast feeding in public. My baby eats when he is hungry. Walking down the aisle in Walmart, sitting in a restaurant, at the park, wherever. I generally will cover up with a blanket. Not because I am ashamed, but because I choose not to make people uncomfortable. It is a regrettable fact of life in America that some people find the natural act of breast feeding a baby makes them uncomfortable. Fine. I respect your feelings. But, if I do not have a blankie and my baby needs to eat... I am feeding him regardless. And I am not going to go into a filthy public restroom to do so. Do YOU want to eat in a bathroom? I didn't think so.

Take a look at the videos posted here of breast feeding. The League of Maternal Justice and the Boob Ninjas did a great job responding to the Facebook and Applebees issues. If I had any video of baby boy chowing down I would so totally put it up here and on You Tube. No doubt.

So... that was my mini rant for the day. More later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl, that is the woman I raised everyone and I am proud of her! Anyone who has a problem with breast feeding has a screw loose. Mom