Monday I went grocery shopping.
Tuesday I cleaned out, wiped down and organized all of my pantry food storage shelves and cabinets. Because I could not get all of my food in there!
Today I have: Made meatloaf for the freezer, made meatballs for the freezer, cooked about 4 pounds of ground beef with onions, garlic and seasonings to freeze for dishes, cooked about 3 pounds of ground beef with hot chilis and taco seasoning to make taquitos and enchiladas, cut up veggies and portioned meat to freeze for amish skillet meal, diced and flash frozen about 5 pounds of onions, made and froze 8 burger patties, rinsed the three pounds of black beans that I soaked which I still have to cook, set chicken breasts to cook in the crockpot with chilis and taco seasoning to shred for taquitos and enchiladas and am planning to make up a large batch of wheat tortillas to assemble the enchiladas. I also need to assemble and cook the taquitos once the chicken is done.
Needless to say, all of that is in addition to regular dinner cooking, child wrangling and house cleaning. Yes, I have been busy!
My (late) menu for this week is:
Monday - Bagel, sausage and cheese sandwiches with hashbrowns
Tuesday - Pork chops, gravy, mashed butternut squash with garlic butter and couscous
Wednesday - Three cheese tortellini with pesto and garlic parmesan biscuit knots
Thursday - Black beans and rice with corn bread and chili if the hubby gets a chance to make it!
Friday - coconut chicken, sweet potatoes and green beans
Saturday - Leftovers or Breakfast for dinner
Sunday - Pulled pork sandwiches with fried squash and Brown Rice patties
Things I still need to do this week:
- Spicy honey chicken for freezer and one batch with chicken substitute
- Lemon chicken for freezer and one with chicken substitute
- enchiladas assembled and in freezer
- taquitos assembled, cooked and in freezer
- croisant wrapped hotdogs cooked and in freezer
- special potato casseroles assembled and in freezer
- black beans cooked, mixed with red beans and tomatoes with chilis and frozen in batches for casseroles/ taco pie (red beans are already cooked and in freezer)
- spaghetti pie assembled and in freezer
- macaroni and cheese muffin cups cooked and in freezer
- spinach and mushroom manicotti assembled and in freezer
- Steven is making his special pork chili on Thursday so that I have it to make chili cheese potato casseroles for the freezer
- I MAY make some ham and potato pockets to freeze
- mini cheese pizzas for the boys' lunches to freeze
- biscuit dough for biscuit knots to freeze and for regular biscuits to freeze
When I am done with all of that it will be time to tackle more baking again. I want to make more pancakes, waffles, muffins and some rolls for the freezer. Maybe more. It depends on if I burn out first!! Most of these freezer recipes have come from either my own experience or from Once A Month Mom!
I am linking up late to OrgJunkies Menu Plan Monday but head over there for more great recipes and menu plans!