Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Exciting Times

Between all of the wonderful exercise (Wii Fit!) and the dieting (marginal) and the lack of sleep (terrible twos, anyone?), I am having spastic moments lately. Squeeing and cooing over things and acting like a dork. Course my daughter probably doesn't see much different than normal, hehe.

I am very excited right now because I have been approved as the Hattiesburg Budget Meals Examiner for Examiner.com. I am in the process of writing my first article for them and then will be off and running. I think this is a great next step for me as a writer. I need to step it up a little and get ready for when both boys are in school and I can really get serious.

So, now I will be writing for Associated Content, Helium, Demand Studios and Examiner. I also have been approved to write for Bukisa and several other small sites but have not had the time to tackle anything yet. It's starting to get to the point that I am going to have to schedule my writing time instead of just writing when I get a chance. I really need to start doing more for each of the sites I write for and Examiner is going to expect at least 3-4 articles each week.

What all of this means is that I need to start working on a blog schedule as well. I will probably try to write here at least 3 -4 times each week but will definitely not be able to handle every day posting (not like I was doing that anyway).

I am just so excited by the fact that I may actually be able to contribute more financially to our family. And be able to build up my resume at the same time. One day soon I may just end up writing for some of my favorite magazines. You never know what the future holds! I may even attempt more in the way of poetry and even some fiction one day soon....

Wish me luck as I embark on the next stage of my writing career!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Congrats. That is really great. I know what it's like to have a child going thru' the terrible 2s. Not fun.

Michelle said...

Congrats! don't forget about us!

ONe PiNK FiSH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Sorry my youngest was in need of some help finding something and I had psoted without rereading. The spelling was terrible.

Anyways, congrats! Sounds like you will be very busy presuing something you love.

Rue said...

Yay for you! Nothing like getting paid for what you love to do!

Blessings on your new writing assignments. We'll see you here, whenever you get the time!

Christie O. said...

So so so much luck to you!! I am hoping to start doing the same now that the kids are in preschool in the mornings! Good luck!!!