Yesterday was long and tiring. Fun, too. The kids had a blast trick or treating and didn't care that it was daytime. In fact, considering the number of injuries they racked up between them, it was probably better that they were doing it in the daytime! Malchai was dressed up as William Wallace from Braveheart... blue face and all. Braeden was Steve from Blue's Clues.
1. Malachai fell down while holding the hilt of a wooden sword in his mouth. I had just finished telling him to get it out of his mouth before he fell on it! He scraped the roof of his mouth. Blood and tears but no serious injury. Thank goodness!
2. Malachai fell face first into the edge of a door at one of the first houses we went to. Big bruise on the cheek.
3. Braeden tripped over a root in someone's front yard and went face first full length on the ground. Dirty, possibly bruised knees and an injured pride were the result.
4. Braeden fell off of a porch. He wasn't watching where he was stepping and tumbled right off. I couldn't help but laugh. He was fine.
5. Malachai fell down a total of about 3 more times, not paying attention to where he was going.
6. Braeden fell into a ditch. Too excited.
7. Malachai got a bloody nose. Not sure if this was a result of one of the falls or just because of sinus issues.
They got tons of candy, several bruises and a wicked cool memory!
Steven and I had a nice anniversary, nothing much to speak of. We had a library date early in the day (we are too broke for a real date! And we love the library) and basically spent some time together both talking and doing the horizontal mambo after the kids went to bed.
Jenna had a bad time at her party. No details here, just imagine gawky teenage years and crushed feelings and you get the basic drift. Go here to see pics of her costume.
If you want to read anymore about our Halloween wedding, go here. I don't have the time to go into a detailed post about it again.... the kids are awake and chanting "food,food,food" I need to go take care of that before they start eating each other.... hope your Halloween was frightfully fun! I'll be back later when I have time to post by 101 Things in 1001 Days list!
Quick note: Jenna is in the paper again today! Go here to view the great article. We are proud of her.... as always!