Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Weird Child of Mine

So, as many of you know, my fabulous daughter has a blog of her own over here. What few know is that she has started a second blog specifically to discuss writing and her trials and tribulations with her novel. Yes, my daughter is a writer geek. LOL She is currently participating in NaNoWriMo which is National Novel Writing Month. All of the participants have vowed to write AT LEAST 50,000 words in the month of November on a brand new novel. Well, my ambitious child has written 30,000 words in the past week. I am not kidding. She read me an excerpt and I was fairly impressed. She has talent, I think. This is in addition to the novel that she has already completed and is rewriting and editing. AND, she is still pulling straight A's as a sophomore in high school. Yes, she makes me feel like a slacker sometimes.

Anyway, the whole point of this (other than just bragging) is that she has a bit of a contest going on right now. Not really a contest contest where you win something physically but kind cool anyway. So, if you want to check it out, go read this post on her writing blog. Poke around a little bit while you are there. She has some pretty funny posts on there, like this one.

HA. My weird 14 year old just asked me if it wouldn't be weird if the "evil demon of Writer's Block manifested as a corporeal monster". Yes, she is definitely a writer.......

4 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

cool kid you have there!

C. said...

You have one hot child there darling. You should be proud!!

Ginny said...

Both her blogs are great!

Nana The Nana said...

You do have a pretty cool kid there and you know I already go to her blogs. Meme loves when I print them so she can read them as well. Be very proud mom, we all need to keep her heading in the right direction...