Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Menu Schmenu

Menu planning is driving me crazy. I want to do it, but it just slips away from me. Then I spend half of my day each day trying to figure out dinner. It sucks. So here is this weeks plan and maybe I will actually stick to it! And I am listing here the foods that I know the boys will eat for dinner so I can, maybe, plan them a menu. *sigh*


Tuesday - Candied Chicken (from the freezer) with rice and broccoli
Wednesday- Pot Roast with carrots, potatoes and onions (maybe in the slow cooker) and fresh bread from the bread machine.
Thursday - Pizza night?
Friday - Pork chop and hash brown casserole from freezer.  Experimental recipe so we will see if it is any good. If it sucks too bad it's grilled cheese and soup night!
Saturday - Leftovers/ Fend for yourself
Sunday - Mexican casserole/ Navajo taco bake (will link the recipe if I can find it)



Some baking I want to get done this week:

BrownSugar Cinnamon Muffins
Waffles
Several breads in the bread machine. No ideas what kind yet.
COOKIES!!


Foods the boys will eat for dinner:
Frozen cheese pizza
cheese ravioli, no sauce
green peas
corn on the cob
pasta with cheese
chicken nuggets
mac & cheese
nutella or pb&j sandwiches
grilled cheese
fruit (apple slices, pineapple)
ramen noodles
waffles
pancakes
oatmeal
grits


For more, and probably much better planned, menus, head over to Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie!

3 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

thanks in a menu rut here too!

Sydnii said...

I make a menu right before I go grocery shopping... And I very rarely stick to it. Usually because I plan on having leftovers, and there aren't any. Or I end up having leftovers for three days. But I have food on hand to cook different things, so that's always a bonus.

Sheri, RN said...

Looks yummy to me! :)