Friday, September 11, 2009

Company Girl Coffee 9/11/09

Welcome to any of the Company Girls who are popping in this week! If you have no idea what I am talking about, head on over to Home Sanctuary and check out the fabulous posts that Rachel Anne shares with the world.

This has been a truly emotion filled week. With Braeden starting school, I have been edgy. Worrying about how he is doing each day and missing him more than I expected! Then, he chose this morning to decide to cling to me and cry and want to "go home!" Wow. I was not ready for it.... I was ready on Tuesday and on Wednesday, but by today I was thinking he would be fine. So, I spent my morning in my van outside the school bawling!

We had friends come to visit us from out of state this week as well. That was fun but bittersweet as well. We miss them! Add to that all of the lack of sleep, too much alcohol consumption and three extra kids in my house screaming and running around all day and night.... yeah.

And then today is, of course, the anniversary of the attacks on America. I deliberatley avoided the news and any memorial viewing. I knew I would lose it. And this evening, when I finally started viewing peoples' blog posts, memorial posts and videos.... I lost it. I was bawling again. I cannot even express how my heart hurts this evening.

It's been a long, tiring, emotional week.

I hope next week is a little more even keeled and boring for me.

I could use a break.

But, I will always take some time in my day each year to remember those who died, those who lost family or friends and those who had their lives changed irrevocably on September 11th, 2001. My thoughts are with our country today. All of us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that it's been a tough one. I'm so going to cry when the little one starts school. Be strong mama. Hope that you are able to get some time to yourself this weekend.

Ang said...

Awww i would have started bawling if my child would have clung to me on a day I didn't expect.

Sorry you had such a crazy week. I really hope you can find a moments peace this weekend.

L Harris said...

sounds like a very crazy week! :(

Hope the next one is better.

Unknown said...

Sorry to read you've had a rough week. I hope you have a good weekend though.

mholgate said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm sorry to hear that you had a hard week. Every week when I drop my youngest (almost 3) off to his class at church I have the same problem. He cries and clings to me like it's the last time he's going to see me. The teacher always reassures me that he's fine and has a blast 30 seconds after I'm gone. (It still makes my heart ache to see him like that though!)

Hang in there. May the upcoming week be a better one for you.
-Melissa