Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Menu Planning .... Wednesday? And the 4th. And stuff.

Yeah yeah. The 4th of July. Big whoopie. See, the thing is..... Braeden has anxiety in large crowds. And he hates loud noises. And Malachai is uber shy. So...... we didn't do anything. No fireworks, no picnics at the park with tons of people, no nothin baby. We stayed home and vegged out and watched tv. theend. LOL

I am currently making an effort to organize my life and streamline crap so I can get back to blogging regularly. It's a dream of mine. I think it MIGHT happen! Shocking, I know.

Right now, I am going to post my menu plan for the rest of this week. In hopes that that will help me stick to it. Let's see how that goes, shall we?

Wednesday: Chicken, broccoli and rice casserole
Thursday: Black beans (or red beans) with rice and leftover smoked pork loin
Friday: Some sort of something made with leftover smoked beef brisket.... any thoughts?
Saturday: Breakfast for dinner (I need to make a huge batch of waffles and pancakes for freezing)
Sunday: Steven's choice

Jenna is headed up to her boyfriend's parents' house on Friday or Saturday. They will be leaving for Missouri on Tuesday and will be gone until the 15th. Her boyfriend is graduating from Basic Training! (Army) We are proud of him! And Jenna can't wait to see him since he has been gone all this time and will be leaving for his other school/ training in California straight from Basic.

I am a nervous wreck about Braeden's school this coming year. That will be a whole separate post soon.

Anyway, off to try to get little boys to go to sleep. More soon!

PS: I linked up to the fab blog Organizing Junkie for her Menu Plan Monday! If you are looking for any inspiration, head over there!

2 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

cool deal... menu sounds good... I am about to revolt here... i am tired of being everyones ...what ever the f i am to them...
sigh... having a shit day ... but trying to live vicariously through others LOL keep posting please!

Cooking with Cristin said...

mmm brisket..what did u decide to do with it..id love to know on my blog if u stop by!
i know im late but i look through the menus all week to get ideas.
i hope you'll stop by my blog and check out my Menu Plan and come back next week to see my new menu plan!
Have a great weekend:)