Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Today had been an interesting day so far. And it is only 10:45 am. I can't wait to see what the afternoon has in store for me!

First, I woke up to less back pain than yesterday, but a toddler trying to poke my eyes out. The Middlest Child was trying to wake me up by putting my glasses on me. And then he handed me his cup and waited. LOL So, I got up and got him a drink. He proceeded to be sick. All over the place. He was also running a temp so i gave him Tylenol and held him for a bit. He was an unhappy boy. He seems to be feeling a little better now, at least he is napping without crying. I swear, if I could get all three of the kids healthy at the same time it would be a miracle. I had to cancel a playdate today for the baby because I don't want to chance infecting anyone else's children with this nasty bug.

DH decided to cook breakfast and made pancakes and sausage. Yum. Anything I don't have to cook always tastes so good.

So, I went outside to smoke a cig this morning and what do you know... a fire behind my house. I'm talking flames shooting up to the sky and billowing clouds of black smoke. It was across a field from the house, back in some woods. I was getting ready to call the fire dept when i heard sirens. A fire truck, 2 other trucks and about 20 cops came tearing through my yard and across the field. They hooked up their hoses to a fire hydrant across the street which necessitated the closing of said street to traffic. Lots of excitement. It was an old barn in the woods burning. the cop I spoke to said they had no idea at this point what started it. I have my suspicions. there are some neighborhood boys who cut across the field and go back there to hang out all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if it was started by them. Either accidentally or on purpose... who knows.

I'm just glad they got it put out OK.

My garden is growing like gangbusters! LOL I will try to post pics again one day soon. The plants are all up and growing well. Soon i will have to thin the plants. We still have several other things to plant in seperate container planters. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, watermelon and pumpkins. I think i am going to attempt to get all of these started today.

I have about 4 loads of laundry to fold. I HATE folding laundry. With a passion. I don't mind washing it. And I kind of like drying it. I hang out a lot of it to dry on lines behind the house. I like taking down the crisp clothes. I just hate having to deal with it afterwords.

I also have to decide on my menu for this week. hmmmmm......

Wednesday - Country Fried Steak, Au Gratin Potatoes, Peas

I will decide on the rest after I get the sales papers in the mail later.

Nothing earth shaking going on in my life. I sometimes wonder why i blog! LOL It can't be very interesting to read about potty training and folding clothes.

Anyway, I will be back later on with more menus and who knows what else!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad your back is a little better. And I'm with you on the laundry folding. It's just not my gift.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

because we all want to know we are not alone in the drugery of daily life :) KEEP BLOGGING

Anonymous said...

You must blog! It makes me feel like you aren't so far away.

Unknown said...

Boo!

Scared ya, didn't I?

Just wanted to let you know I still pop by to read, even if I haven't made time to comment and/or post my own blog.