Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Achey Breaky Back

Last night I inured myself. I believe that me youngest child is trying to kill me. He was playing with clothes hangars. You know, the plastic kind, because we don't use metal hangars. (no Mommy Dearest here) Anyway. The hangars got taken away from him several times. He ended up leaving them on the floor in my storage/ craft room. The hard wood floor. I did not notice them. I went hauling butt in there to do something and my foot landed square on one of the hangars. My foot then proceeded to go out from under me. I went down, the stuff I was carrying went flying and my daughter came running. I thought I had broken my wrist.

It's fine. My back, however, is not. It hurts really bad this morning. I'm pretty sure I pulled something. Ow. Now I need to find the muscle cream. If I only had some muscle relaxers! LOL So, my back hurts, my shoulder is bruised somehow, my neck hurts and my wrist is achey. Wow. What a feeling. Thanks a bunch, baby boy! LOL

I am headed out to find some muscle cream to help with the pain, take some pain relievers and maybe a hot shower. I'll try to pop back later with an update on the garden. (Lots of green growing things!)

9 comments:

The Mom of 'em said...

oh those darn kids..I mean hangers...=-) Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ouch honey! I'm sorry. That sounds uber painful. Make Steven kiss it better!

Lesley said...

Gah! Hope you have a speedy recoup. Stuff like that happens to me all the time such as today when I tripped over my nephew and purposefully injured myself more by falling flat on my ass so I could avoid hurting the monkey. It sucked - I'm off to go soak my sore butt away in the tub.
Have you read any of the Women's Murder Club series by James Patterson? They are the best!

Nana The Nana said...

I hope you are better soon, the back is nothing to play around with. Take it as easy as you can with two little ones. I love you.

The Not So Simple Things In Life said...

I hope your feeling better soon...back problems are horrible...I couldn't ever imagine going through it as I see my hubby and his sister in pain all the time because of their damn back.

Get better soon!

Jessica said...

It still amazes me that something so little can cause so much bodily injury. Baby Bum is constantly showering me with blows to the head and pinches.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Unknown said...

OUCH! Take a hot bath, take some motrin, put muscle cream on, drink a marquerita! You'll feel much better!

Yea, I know I spelled that wrong, but I'm on pain pills, too. All this work has caused my lower back to REALLY fuss at me.

C. said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! That SUCKS! And trust me, I KNOW how you feel. I'm SO done being broken. Now I get the whole massage thing, deal, do me, I'll do you. Ahem. Massage. I meant, massage me, and I'll massage you. Sheesh. * hands you your head * Found this in the gutter, missy. ;)
Love,
The Assoholic

Jennifer said...

Mama, you about gave me a heart attack! Seriously!! First Mal, then Braeden, now you....This family is a hazard to my health...