Monday, April 7, 2008

Menu Planning and CVS deals UPDATED

Akkk..... my menu planning is behind. Here is what I have so far. I think I am only doing until Wednesday. I will start doing my new planning on Wednesdays after the sales papers come out....

Monday - Leftovers
Tuesday - Homemade Pizza and salad
Wednesday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn

That's it folks. I need to go to Winn Dixie and go shopping. They are having one heck of a great deal going on for the month of April. Buy $75 worth of Kraft products and get a $25 Gift Card for free! The GC's are from places like Lowe's or Longhorn. Read more about this deal here... Homeschooling Four gives a great explanation of the deal and what products qualify. Kraft products are not just cheese! They include things like Koolaid and Digiorno pizza. So... I am headed to WD for the things I need to buy this month that will work towards this deal.

On Wednesday I will check out the new sales and post a week long menu...

As for CVS, I went last night to take advantage of a CVS coupon for $2 off of Huggies that expired yesterday. These were my deals...

Transaction 1 -

2 Febreze Air Effects sprays
3 packs Duracell batteries
1 pack Huggies pull ups
2 packs Huggies diapers
1 Febreze Noticables kit
1 Venus Embrace razor
1 CVS pantyliners
1 Bath Buddies
Total before sales = 87.98
After sales but before taxes= 68.50
I used a total of $60.74 in coupons and ECBs. I paid oop $9.51 and got back $25 in ECBs.
I saved a total of $80.22 per my receipt.

Transaction 2 -

1 Swiffer duster refill
1 Swiffer Wet refill
2 8 ct Zantac 150

Total before sales = $25.96
Total after sales but before taxes = $21.96
I used a total of $19.98 in coupons and ECBs. I paid oop $2.89 and got back $5 in ECBs.
I saved a total of $23.98 per my receipt.

So, with 2 transactions, I brought home $113.94 in product for only $12.40. AND I brought home $25 in ECBs for next week. Pretty darn good if I do say so myself!
UPDATE*** @nd Trip to CVS Thursday Night!
I went back because my mom sent me her spare CVS key card and some ECBs. So, I went to geta nother diaper deal! I did 3 transactions on mom's card but I will just give total info:
2 Duracell 4 pack AA @ 4.99 each
1 Duracell Ultra 4 pack AA @ 5.69
6 1 liter Dasani waters @ 1.79 each
1 Pepcid EZ chews 25 ct @ 7.99
1 pack Pull Ups @ 8.99
2 packs Huggies Diapers @ 8.99 each
Total saved after sales, coupons and ECBs = 54.85
Paid oop = 17.85
ECBs back = 5
On my card I did one transaction:
1 Pepcid EZ chews 25 ct @ 7.99
2 Covergirl TruBlend Whipped Foundations @ 9.49
Total saved after sales, coupons and ECBs = 28.79
Total oop = 1.67
ECBs back = 17
Yay!
End of Update ! LOL
No further progress on potty training.... but no accidents today! He did pee in his pullups when we went to get Sissy from school... but I expected that. Tomorrow we will be home most of the day and I am getting out the big boy underwear. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

10 comments:

The Mom of 'em said...

We don't have a CVS here....you keep making me jealous. =-)

Unknown said...

Good Lord Woman. I'll say it again, you amaze me, and we don't have a CVS here!

However, I get the Good Housekeeping magazine, and guess what they had in there? A PAGE of coupons for CVS. Here is what is on there

1) $1.00 off any Gold Bond Ultimate Healing
2) $1.00 off any Nivea purchase
3) $1.00 off any Physicians Formula purchase
4) $1.00 off an Eucerin purchase
5) $1.50 off any Nutrisse Hair Color
6) $2.00 off any Neutrogena Cosmetics over $6.00
7) $1.00 off any Cover Girl Cosmetics over $4.00
8) $1.00 off any Curel lotion 3.5 oz or more.

So, if you want any of these let me know and I'll be glad to mail them to you!

Melissa said...

I have never heard of CVS. We have a walmart though! :)

Jessica said...

My menu has been non-existent but I need to get back on it.

Way to kick butt at CVS. I emailed them asking for a store. I haven't got a response yet.

"J" said...

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!!! That ROCKS!!! CVS is $$$$$! You did a GREAT job! How did you do it????

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with all the CVS saving stuff you are doing.

It makes my head explode just thinking about trying it myself!

But! I did get a free Entertainment Book last night at PTO! Lots of good coupons in there...

"J" said...

Thanks for the comment! Heck yeah I want to learn how to save on those CVS deals...I will go check it out!!!! =)

THANK YOU!!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!

Lesley said...

So so jealous of your money-saving trips!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Very cool.. we have a CVS about 40 minutes away.. so I never get a chance to "save".. Rite aid is my closest

Denise Sawyer said...

Thanks for posting over at my blog (and for posting my button on your blog!!)for CVS Superstars!

You did an awesome job (as always!!)

Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer