Monday, March 10, 2008

My husband, the comedian

I picked DH up from work tonight and he tells me he wants to make a new kind of ice cream. So I ask him what now. You have to understand that he is a bit.... unconventional... in his tastes. He loves to experiment and try new combinations. I guess that is why he is such a good chef. Anyway, he says he wants to make Miso Ice Cream.

Miso is a fermented bean curd. Ground soy bean thing.

Ummmm...... sounds pretty gross to me. Then he reminded me I have actually eaten and liked miso in the past. So, OK. I'll try it.

Then he tells me he wants to make Miso Honey Ice Cream.

Miso Honey.

Oh, Miso Honey.

If you don't get that...... just ignore me. Cause I laughed all the way home.

I wonder if he will serve it at the restaurant?

9 comments:

Nana The Nana said...

Funny man! I had a bit of a hard time getting used to his sense of humor when we first met him. But I get it now! He is interesting that is for sure. Not sure about the new ice cream though?

The Not So Simple Things In Life said...

Your DH sounds a bit like mine, always coming up with those "I should make this, or I should make that" my hubby's thoughts are a usually out of the ordinary such as this one:
My mom has asthma and smokes pretty heavily, she will be smoking a cig and taking a puff of her inhaler at the same time so hubby wants to invent a little gadget to hold cigs in place on an inhaler, now how dumb is that....very dumb but to hear him say it was hillarious!

As for the new ice cream, yuck!!!

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

naughty boy! speaking of humor - i'll be sending you ALL my snow as soon as I figure out how to fit it in the priority mail box!

Unknown said...

Miso? No clue what it tastes like. I'm not adventurous.

Sounds like your hubby and mine would get along just peachy keen, jelly bean. :)

Anonymous said...

I tried Miso ice cream in South Florida... it rocked! Tell Steven to go for it!

Anonymous said...

I get it!

I like Miso Soup. I don't know if I'd like it as ice cream. I guess you have to try it though!

Jessica said...

I get it!!! How funny!

OhTheJoys said...

Isn't miso salty?

Anonymous said...

That was so cute! Thanks for visiting me. It's really nice to meet you. Blessings.