Saturday, February 2, 2013

Growing Salad

Two more great tips I got from Pinterest.... how to regrow romaine lettuce and celery from the stumps! Here I have two celery stalk ends and a romaine end that have been in water for about 3 or 4 days. I plan to put each in a separate dish soon. And the next ones I have I will try putting in soil and see which does better!




Not a huge savings int he short term but in the long run it will add up! Especially since I am eating salads and celery almost every day lately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I'll definitely have to try that the next time we buy romaine or celery.

Unknown said...

Every little bit of savings can help. I planted a garden last summer and plan to do the same. My lettuce didn't grow, but at least I have an idea of how to root them from stumps. Trying to learn how to root sweet potatoes, too. They are my favorite. P.S. I grew up in Sardis, MS. Visiting from MBC. Definitely following a MS girl. Stop by http://makeitorfixit.com when you get a chance.